Modern buildings are tightly sealed to maximize energy efficiency, but the elimination of a fresh air pathway can allow harmful contaminants to become trapped indoors. To keep your home healthy in all seasons, it’s important to adopt active and passive strategies that work together to ensure indoor air pollutants never reach unhealthy levels.
Practical IAQ Solutions
Every indoor air quality initiative should focus on prevention and mitigation. There are many practical ways to improve the quality of the air inside your home, and most of them are easy to implement.
- Invest in a HEPA Vacuum: A HEPA filter can remove up to 99.97 percent of particles down to .3 microns in size. A HEPA vacuum will easily trap the pollen, mold spores, dirt and dust that aggravate allergies and other respiratory conditions.
- Remove Shoes at the Door: Many allergens stick to your shoes when you go outside. If you don’t take them off at the door, the irritants will fall to the floor as you walk through your home.
- Wash Your Hair Before Bed: Wash your hair at night to reduce the pollen that becomes trapped in the fibers of your pillow.
Great Products for IAQ Relief
The best way to remedy an IAQ problem is to allow the heating and cooling professionals at Myatt & Bates Heating & Air to design a whole-house solution.
- Advanced Filtration: Carrier air purifiers are extremely effective at trapping a variety of microscopic contaminants, including the common cold virus.
- Humidity Control: Dry environments allow particulate matter to stay airborne. A healthy level of humidity will reduce the impact of pollen and other pollutants.
- Mechanical Ventilation: A mechanical ventilator is designed to continuously exhaust stale, contaminated air and introduce a precise amount of filtered fresh air into the living area.
Stay Allergy Free Year Round
If you’re looking learn more about our IAQ services, call one of our comfort specialists today at 843-628-1775.